A bridge is a replacement tooth or teeth that fill the gaps that helps hold other teeth in place. Basically, dental bridges consist of a tooth and two dental crowns attached on the sides. Other bridges require implants. Find out which type is best for you and contact Smile Center emergency dentist Dr. Ebi Nikjoo for a free consultation!
Dental Bridge in Southern California
What are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
- Maintain your smile
- Maintain the ability to chew and speak well
- Keep the shape of your face
- Helps you to have a proper healthy bite
- Holds the teeth together in place
How does your Dentist place a Dental Bridge?
- The dentist will prepare and clean the teeth on both sides of the gap. The two adjacent teeth will have crowns placed on them. Hence, the tooth is attached to two crowns.
- Then, the cosmetic dentist will create an impression of the two adjacent teeth to mold a precise model for the bridge.
- Next, a patient gets a temporary bridge to wear to while a permanent one is ordered to be made.
- When the permanent bridge is ready, the emergency dentist will place it properly and make essential adjustments. When the patient is satisfied on the placement, the cosmetic dentist cements the bridge.
What are Implanted Bridges?
If several teeth are missing, dentist can surgically implant bridges. Bridges are typically placed in the jaws. Eventually, bones grow around the implant that holds the bridge in place. Since these implants require a thorough procedure, a patient must be in good condition. In addition, the patient must have a healthy strong bone structure in order to qualify for implanted bridges.
How to Care for Your Bridge?
- Brush your teeth twice a day and also floss.
- Clean between the teeth and also under the bridge
- Eat with caution and care to maintain that healthy smile.
- Schedule a deep cleaning at Smile Center every six months.